Beauty Essentials for the Bride
Bhavna Kohli tells us how a bride can look well groomed and gorgeous in the days ahead!
Delhi based interior designer Sonia wrote to us last week. She is 27 years old and like most working women leads a hectic life with significant time spent on travel.Sonia will be getting married in five months and being an organised person wants to start planning well in advance.
In the recent past she has not given her beauty needs too much time preferring to stick to a basic skincare and makeup routine. But she now wants to ensure that not only is she perfectly groomed for her D-Day but also continues to look after herself well. Sonia has a medium skin tone and fairly clear skin. But given her lifestyle she has a tendency to have dark circles and her skin tends to look dull and dry. Since she already wears basic makeup she is comfortable with experimenting with colors and especially likes eye makeup.
Bhavna Kohli helps Sonia put together a Bridal Box- which can be easily tweaked basis a woman's lifestyle, her needs and skin type. Every bride's trousseau should include these MUST-HAVE beauty basics to help her look groomed and stunning in the days to come.
- Considering that you are going to be out and about it's critical to protect your skin. Kaya Skin Clinic's Daily Use Sunscreen (SPF 15) is a light and effective sunscreen that also provides adequate moisturising. Its UV absorbers protect skin from the harsh effects of UVA and UVB rays while the SPF 15 prevents the skin from getting tanned.
- Estee Lauder New Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator is a targeted treatment that delivers dramatic brightening and de-puffing results.With its specially-contoured, cooling ceramic-tip applicator, this amazing product instantly cools, massages and re-energizes the look of tired, puffy eyes. The innovative and exclusive Triple-Optic Technology instantly makes dark circles look lighter. Additionally, an exclusive, highly concentrated Dark Circle Correcting Complex works over time to help reduce and prevent the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
The Body Shop Extra Virgin MineralsTM Compact Foundation is part of the 'Extra Virgin MineralsTM' foundation collection from The Body Shop. It features an exclusive combination of pure cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil from Italy and Marula oil from Namibia along with ultra-fine mineral pigments. The best part is that it is fragrance and paraben-free and gives 14 hours of moisturisation. And we love the fact that like all Body Shop products this too is 100% cruelty free.
- Eyes are the most important feature for most Indian women. My current hot favourite eye product is the Lakme ABSOLUTE Eye Chromatic Baked Shadows. These super long wear, high intensity pigment shadows come in duos. They have been baked on Italian terra cotta tiles and contain light reflecting pearls which result in a high shine and a silk finish. And these shadows can be used dry for a soft day look and with a wet brush for a dramatic night look. Go ahead and pick your favourite duo!
- Lakme ABSOLUTE Kohl Ultimate which is part of the ABSOLUTE long wear range is a 3-in-1 smooth kohl stick with a rich intense one stroke delivery. Itswaterproof formula lasts upto 8 hours!
- More than just a mascara the Maybelline New York Volum' Express Hyper Curl Mascara transforms the lashes in a jiffy! It delivers 3 times the volume instantly with its Curl Lock formula. The Hypercurl mascara give a gorgeous 75 degree curl and keeps lashes curled for upto 18 hours! Its clump free formula is easily removed and available in both waterproof and washable variants.
- One of my favourite and luxurious beauty brands is Estee Lauder. Estee Lauder launched the Pure Color Modern Mercury Collection with some exquisite products, my recommendations on must-buys from this collection include:
- The Pure Color Liquid Eyeliner in Graphite delivers a dramatic effect that finishes any eye look. This new liner pays off with a rich color and sparkle application and is long wearing, non-flaking and water-resistant. The new felt-tip applicator brush lays down the eyeliner precisely, evenly and easily with one effortless stroke in shades of rich black.
- Available in the same collection are Pure Color Lipsticks in divine shades of raw beige, pretty magenta and true red - Nude Velvet, Fuchsia Velvet and Red Velvet in a new matte finish. The soft matte formula saturates lips with a lush, velvet and pigment rich finish. This non-drying, ultra creamy lipstick creates a bold statement in shades of sophisticated glamour. Alternatively, if you prefer a creme finish, paint your lips in one of three moisturizing shades of Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Scarlet Siren, Fuchsia Fever and Beige.
Bhavna Kohli is a Beauty Expert with eleven years of Fashion and Beauty experience. She helps brides conceptualize and construct their wedding looks and helps them put together their pre-wedding grooming and beauty plans. She can be reached on email@example.com or (91) 9892600912