This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 at 7:23:19 am and is filed under Bridal Fashion and Beauty. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Bridal Beauty Tips from Dr Rekha Sheth
Bridal Fashion and Beauty - Mar 6, 2013
Our Celebrity Guest Blogger Dr Rekha Sheth, the renowned Cosmetic Dermatologist shares some advice for brides-to-be.
- Start your regime at least two weeks in advance- diet and skin care. Increase your liquid intake to include coconut water and green tea and eat plenty of raw fruit & vegetables–minimum four servings a day. Stress leads to water retention. Avoid white carbohydrates post 5.00 pm and increase your protein intake.
- In the evenings splash hot water on your face, take a mild skin lightening face wash and gently rub the lather for 2 to 3 minutes. Wash thoroughly and immediately use a night cream containing antioxidants like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacinamide, CoQ10, green tea, resveratrol, pomegranate, etc. These are very soothing and safe antioxidants that will brighten your skin.
- Mornings– use the same antioxidant cream first and over it use a strong sunscreen with an SPF of 50 or more
- Look after your neck, décolletage as well as your back. You can gently scrub these areas with a soft sponge while bathing and use a body lotion with antioxidants as well as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs)
- Beauty is not about the face alone. Look beyond the face. Take care of your hands and feet too– go in for a microdermabrasion or a gentle peel. Have a paraffin manicure and pedicure– this will brighten the skin immediately.
- Have your hair deep conditioned one or two days before the wedding day.