Our Celebrity Guest Blogger Dr Rekha Sheth, the renowned Cosmetic Dermatologist shares some advice for brides-to-be.
- Start your regime at least two weeks in advance- diet and skin care. Increase your liquid intake to include coconut water and green tea and eat plenty of raw fruit & vegetables–minimum four servings a day. Stress leads to water retention. Avoid white carbohydrates post 5.00 pm and increase your protein intake.
- In the evenings splash hot water on your face, take a mild skin lightening face wash and gently rub the lather for 2 to 3 minutes. Wash thoroughly and immediately use a night cream containing antioxidants like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacinamide, CoQ10, green tea, resveratrol, pomegranate, etc. These are very soothing and safe antioxidants that will brighten your skin.
- Mornings– use the same antioxidant cream first and over it use a strong sunscreen with an SPF of 50 or more
- Look after your neck, décolletage as well as your back. You can gently scrub these areas with a soft sponge while bathing and use a body lotion with antioxidants as well as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs)
- Beauty is not about the face alone. Look beyond the face. Take care of your hands and feet too– go in for a microdermabrasion or a gentle peel. Have a paraffin manicure and pedicure– this will brighten the skin immediately.
- Have your hair deep conditioned one or two days before the wedding day.