Divya Chadha, a successful Mumbai-based Wedding Planner has organized Weddings all over India. While the first question most brides (or parents) ask her is about the best Wedding locations in India, her friends often ask her where she would like to get married, when she herself takes the plunge!
She presents her list of breathtaking locations—for a grand wedding. And some great locations for what could be a ‘different’ wedding.
Breath-taking locations for a truly Royal Wedding-
1. Samode Palace, Jaipur. What could be more romantic than having your wedding in palatial property with huge gardens and a view of the rocky dunes? It’s a perfect venue for outdoor weddings especially between September and March.
2. Devi Garh, Udaipur. A spectacular, restored palace nestled in the Aravali hills and perfect for an intimate wedding affair. The poolside and landscaped gardens make for a stunning mehendi venue during the day; and for a starry cocktail function in the evening.
3. Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer. A palace set amidst Thar desert and if you’re looking for a unique experience– why not have an evening out in the desert under the stars. The combination of a modern hotel teamed with the charm of the desert makes it a paradise location for a wedding.
4. Neemrana Fort Palace, Jaipur. Accessible both via Delhi and Jaipur, Neemrana Fort Palace is a spectacular venue for a small private wedding. The palace is cut into the hillsides and stands
almost 10 levels high!
For those who don’t want the big fat Indian wedding, here’s where you can have a wedding with a ‘Difference’.
1. Park Hyatt Resort & Spa, Goa. The Sea Lawns is a gorgeous wedding space surrounded by tall palm trees; a sea and beach view; and a breeze that sets the mood. Should you have your wedding during the off-season, the open air restaurant The Palms is a perfect space for an afternoon lunch / early evening BBQ.
2. Zeebop, Goa. This is a simply put – a huge shack in South Goa and has one of the friendliest owners I have met! The shack is laid out in such a way that you can book the entire space or just a part of it—and you can organize your pre-wedding cocktails or the main wedding ceremony there.
3. The Zuri Kumarakum, Kerala. If you’re looking for a quiet, intimate wedding Kerala is perfect. A picturesque setting along the banks of a lake, a traditional meal on banana leaves, after which you can go for your honeymoon on the backwaters of Alleppey in a House Boat J
4. Polo Farm, New Delhi. A gorgeous farmhouse with 4 bedrooms and set across a few acres – this lovely venue allows you to have your dream wedding at a fraction of the cost of a hotel banquet hall!
If you’d like to get in touch with Divya Chadha, please email email@example.com