Celebrity Blogger Miss Malini is tying the knot at a beach-theme celebration in Goa. She talks to Weddingsutra about her wedding wear and her favourite shopping haunts.
I’m a lucky girl I get to have TWO weddings! The first one is in Dhaka on December 20-21st, which will be more traditional with an Akht-Gaye Holud-Reception, the second one is more for friends and fun in Goa on February 10-11th with a mehendi-sangeet-baraat-pheras-cocktails at Montego Bay and Marbela Beach Resort in Morjim Goa (Marbela is my ultimate dream wedding destination, so psyched I got it!). It’s a beach theme so everything from the invites to the setting will be chosen keeping that in mind. For instance I want my invitations to be glass bottles with a rolled up scroll inside, like a “message in a bottle”.
Miss Malini with designer Anita Dongre
Miss Malini with Anita Dongre and Candice Pereira of Marry Me- The Wedding Planners
For the sangeet I’ve picked a cute pink lehenga from Anita Dongre’s latest collection, I’m trying to decide whether to go with a gold high neck choli or a ruffled pink one. Anita is also designing a short lehenga in ink blue for my Mehendi as well as the rest of my clothes for Dhaka and Goa! I’m sourcing all my jewellery from Anmol Jewellers in Bandra (they did Shilpa Shetty and Lara Dutta’s wedding jewellery too!)
Best go-to spots for brides in Mumbai
I’m not a panicky bride (at least not yet) my advice would be to stay updated about designer showcases, sales and only immediately buy something only if you really love it, chances are something prettier and more flattering will come along if you just give it another go.
I am a self-proclaimed domestically challenged desi bride so I’ve left my major wedding decisions to my fabulous wedding planners Marry Me Weddings. Since Candice of Marry Me Weddings does this for a living I’ve asked her to compile her top five go-to spots for you!
1. For your wedding and trousseau, start by making a list of your functions and/or outfits and then look through magazines and collect as many magazine clippings to make things easier. Apart from the designer wear, Sagar Couture is also worth checking it for its fabulous range of fabrics. Troy Costa does great menswear, and is the best person to make sure your groom’s clothes perfectly complement yours!
2. I say go all out and splurge (if you feel like) on your footwear! You will most likely get a lot of use out of them, even after the wedding. So if you have been eyeing that pair of Jimmy Choos or Louboutins for a while, this is the best time to indulge. Your best option would be to buy your shoes if you are travelling overseas. The styles, fit and comfort is unbeatable. If you must buy in India, Rinaldi is a great option. Her bling shoes are perfect for the Indian bride and comfortable too.
3. Meera Mahadevia’s bags are stylish and luxurious perfect for the Indian bride. Keep a stash of emergency items in this stylish bag and hand it over to your best friend who will most likely be around you most of the night. As a bride, I always say it’s best to keep your hands free, but if you must have a bag – it has to be super stylish!
4. Don’t forget about your skin! Drink lots of water, exercise and don’t go on a binge diet. It will show. For facials in Mumbai I recommend Vinu in Khar who does a fabulous job and uses some amazing products!
5. ‘Tip Top’ store is fabulous for bangles and bindis. The range and options available there are unbeatable!