Taj Falaknuma Palace set to host Arpita Khan’s wedding
Hyderabad is looking forward to Arpita Khan’s wedding. Salman Khan’s sister is tying the knot with businessman Aayush Sharma and the two day celebrations commence on 18th November. According to a close friend of Arpita the celebrations at the former residence of the Nizam of Hyderabad will be conducted as per Hindu Punjabi traditions and the functions include the Mehndi, Sangeet, Pheras, Reception and finale Post Reception Party.
– Aditya Motwane, the former CEO of Percept Weddings might step in as a consultant to handle coordination for the wedding day only, but most of the wedding planning and execution is being done by Arpita herself, as she was keen to be personally involved in everything. “Its going to be a luxurious yet intimate celebration at one of the most enchanting wedding venues in India, just the way and where Arpita wants it to be”, says the friend.
– Almost all the vendors and specialists lending their services for the wedding are from Mumbai, from the Makeup and Mehndi Artist to the Floral and Decor Designers. The catering will of course be taken care of by the Taj Chefs.
– It is not known what Arpita and her beau will be wearing but in all likelihood the bride will be wearing traditional ensembles by Abu-Sandeep and Sabyasachi and elegant gowns by Falguni & Shane Peacock and Monisha Jaising.
– The wedding invitation is a gold-plated invitation card with beautiful rose print, presented in a box with leaflets for each of the functions. Accompanying the invites are some delightful cupcakes.
To know more about what’s happening in Hyderabad, we spoke to a senior media personality from the city and here’s what we learnt.
– Hyderabad’s media are hoping to photograph B-town guests but this might be difficult as the Palace is perched atop a hill and surrounded by 56 acres of forested land. The only location where the photographers can place themselves is at the main gate, miles away from where the party will be happening. So in a sense, Taj Falaknuma Palace is the perfect venue for celebrities wanting a fortress-like location for a private celebration. At this point, it is not clear if Arpita and Aayush will step out to a spot closer to the main gate for a Photo Op with select media.
– Some of the guests will be staying at the 60 beautifully refurbished rooms of Taj Falaknuma Palace while others will be put up at Taj Krishna. All the functions will be at the outdoor venues of the Palace.
– The hotel administration and police authorities are working closely to ensure there is strict security outside the venue and movement of VIP cars is not obstructed thanks to over-enthusiastic crowds. While initially there was news that Prime Minister Modi will be a guest at the Reception, it is now confirmed that he will not be coming since he will be in Australia then.
– Since Salma and Salim Khan’s (Arpita’s parents) golden wedding anniversary is on the same day, it will be a double celebration for the Khan khandaan. After the two day celebrations are over in Hyderabad, the guests will depart on 20th and the Khan family will spend one more day at the Palace and return to Mumbai for the Reception on 21st.