Wine-Stained Lips are our Most Favorite Makeup Trend this Season
Go bold and glamorous this wedding season with the hottest lip trend off the runway.
Embrace intense dark lips this wedding season with the year’s hottest trend- wine-stained lips. Deep plummy colors like marsala are definitely on trend this year and a great way to move away from the regular pinks and reds. We particularly love dark lips as it accentuates the Indian skin tone whilst adding a vintage drama to the bridal look.
A lot of brides shy away from wine lips and stay safe with pinks, reds or nudes. It’s time brides and bridesmaids alike go bold with the hottest trend off the runway. We rounded up our top 10 favorite brides sporting the wine-hued lip trend as they exuded a glamorous appeal.
1. Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi Definition Matte Lipstick in Burgundy Affair
Cherry infused bold lips are extremely wearable along with your reception look.
2. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Gold Obsession Lipstick in Plum Gold
Bring the festive vibe to your face with an intense 24 karat gold infused deep plum shade for your mehndi look.
3. Lakmé Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color in Soaked Berries
Keep your pout hydrated along with the berry-soaked lip color at your cocktail.
4. Lakmé Absolute Gloss Addict in Perfect Plum
Make a plumptastic statement with a juicy pout as you sport your wine colored lips with oomph.
5. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Gold Obsession Lipstick in Mocha Gold
Reddish-browns are a fun way to go dark without looking too extreme. Try a flattering wine shade with a reddish-brown base to up the glam factor of your bridal look.
6. Lakmé Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color in Juicy Plum
The key to wearing a bold wine lip color is to have a healthy set of lips that moisturize them from the time you apply the lipstick.
7. Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi Definition Matte Lipstick in Plum Shell
Think raspberries dipped in wine for a rich wine color to suit your skin tone.
8. Lakmé Absolute Crème Lipcolor in Flaming Plum
Wear a browner berry lip color and you will surely be turning heads at your cocktail ceremony.
9. Lakmé Absolute Gloss Addict in Perfect Plum
Team a deeper wine color along with high-shine gloss to make a statement along with your champagne colored cocktail ensemble.
10. Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Lip Shimmer in Wine Gleam
Add dimension to your wine-stained pout and make it look fuller with a lighter shade of wine at the center of your lips going darker towards the arch.
How to team wine-stained lips based on skin tone complexion?
– Fair skin can pull off any shade of wine ranging from mauve to berry wine colors.
– Olive or almond skin tones can carry off fruity maroon and burgundy shades effortlessly.
– Dusky skin is undoubtedly the best one to rock wine lips ranging from dark plums to deep red wine shades.
Remember to keep your eye makeup minimal and to fill in and outline your lips with a matching waterproof lip liner for a long lasting color.