10+ must-try experiences in Qatar for an unforgettable honeymoon
Brimming with glorious vistas, unique adventures, and unparalleled luxury, Qatar is the ultimate honeymoon destination!
Blending Middle-Eastern hospitality and heritage with top-notch luxury, Qatar has fast gained traction as the hottest destination in the gulf. With a lavish palette of sights and experiences to suit every taste and preference, a honeymoon here is bound to be second to none!
From dining and shopping to stellar stays and activities, we have rounded up the best of experiences to add to your honeymoon itinerary in Qatar.
1. Experience The Pearl Qatar – the ‘Arabian Riviera’, a man-made island near Doha’s prestigious West Bay District featuring Mediterranean-style yacht-lined marinas, hotels, luxurious shopping experiences, and five-star culinary experiences known for its lavish community lifestyle.
Wander around the alleys and enjoy a cup of coffee in the stylish cafes of Qanat Quartier, the Venice-inspired neighborhood with its colorful buildings, canals, and bridges. Head to Porto Arabia for a dose of luxury and fine dining from around the world, and savor picturesque moments at Medina Centrale’s plazas and gardens.
2. Kayaking at Purple Island is a must-do for couples who are nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Just an hour’s drive from Doha, Bin Ghannam Island offers a breathtaking blend of serene beauty and exotic flora and fauna for an idyllic day trip. Take a break from the bustling energy of Doha and retreat with your partner for a day of bird watching, kayaking through the mangroves, and relishing each other’s company.
3. Take a romantic stroll on The Corniche, Doha’s iconic 7-kilometer crescent stretch with beguiling views of the cityscape and the gulf. Brimming with restaurants, clubs, parks, and cultural attractions, the vibrant promenade will leave you spoilt for a choice of things to do. Watch the shows light up the Corniche as you walk hand-in-hand, or take in the futuristic beauty of the skyline on a boat ride.
4. Experience the local flavor of Qatar wrapped in luxury with a stay at The Ritz Carlton Sharq Village. Recreating an authentic Qatari village replete with winding alleyways, creating an aura of calm and mystique, this beach-front property promises an unforgettable stay and spa experiences that awaken your senses with intimate courtyard settings, reflecting glorious years of deeply rooted Qatari heritage and tradition.
5. Take in the views from Three Sixty – a novelty revolving dining experience, perched on the 47th floor of The Torch hotel, an iconic architectural gem. Relishing delectable Mediterranean cuisine as you wonder at the breathtaking panoramic view of Doha’s Skyline has to be a stellar experience.
6. Invigorate your senses with a trip to Souq Waqif, a traditional Middle-eastern marketplace. A vibrant contrast to the contemporary luxury of Doha’s cityscape, the century-old market gives you a portal to a bygone era as you wander the alleys shopping for aromatic spices, rugs, garments, Oudh perfumes, souvenirs, and handicrafts. For the experiential travelers, there are also art showcases, horse and came stables, falconry, henna tattoo artists, local delicacies, and traditional performances to keep you entertained all day!
7. Treat your inner child with a trip to Doha Quest, a revolutionary theme park brimming with some of the world’s most incredible adrenaline-packed rides, global delicacies, entertainment, virtual reality, and so much more. Experience the thrill of riding EpiQ Coaster – the World’s tallest indoor roller coaster, and Magma Blast – the World’s tallest indoor drop tower, for moments you will never forget. Don’t forget to hit up the world-famous Planet Hollywood for some delicious food and Time Quest to pick up some souvenirs for your family back home.
8. Soak in the water and sunshine at Qatar’s pristine dune beaches. With the weather being ideal for a dip in the sea during spring and winter, grab your sunscreen and hit up one of the many beautiful beaches for some peaceful moments of love, relaxation, and adventure. From desert safaris to camel riding, camping, water skiing, fishing, stargazing, and more, there is something for everyone.
9. Get your luxury shopping fix at Place Vendôme, Qatar’s largest mall that has recently opened its doors in Lusail. The architectural masterpiece is filled with a plethora of designer and global labels, diverse culinary experiences, unique sensorial attractions, and a lot more to keep you busy for a whole day. Don’t forget to catch the spectacular dancing fountains and 3D laser shows as you sip a cup of coffee after a day of shopping!
10. Get a taste of Wadi bashing in the dunes and a drive to the inland sea. The pristine sea and ever-changing sands of Khor Al Udaid Beach offer an experiential experience to soothe your soul and mind with beguiling vistas and unblemished tranquility.
Take in the stunning views of the undulating dunes, some of which reach dizzying heights of up to 40 meters, as you head to the inland sea, one of only two tidal embayments where the sand meets the ocean and makes for a magical sight.
11. Wine and Dine with a view at Ritz Carlton’s B-Lounge. Toasting to your new life together over an evening of delicious culinary delights, bespoke cocktails, stellar entertainment by celebrity DJs, and breathtaking marina views, you are sure to feel on top of the world.
12. Treat your tastebuds to the Japanese indulgence of world-renowned restaurants like Nobu and Morimoto. The signature omakase, sushi, and Japanese Wagyu beef by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto will take you on a culinary journey as lavish and dramatic as can be, while Chef Nobuyuki Matsuhisa’s blending of traditional Japanese dishes with Peruvian ingredients composes a symphony of flavors you will remember for the rest of your life.
Click here to start planning your dream honeymoon in Qatar.