10 Offbeat Experiences in New Zealand
Thinking of an exciting, off beat vacation for two? New Zealand is the place for you. Here are our top 10 engrossing alternative experiences that go beyond bungy jumping and other obvious adventure activities.
1) What you will love: Take a walk with your loved one under a star lit sky! – New Zealand’s dark night skies will have you star struck.
Top Tip: Aoraki / Mount Cook is far from city lights and therefore has some of the darkest skies in New Zealand – perfect for viewing the night sky.
2) What you will love: Spend a day together sailing and discovering the country’s sparkling coastlines, islands and marine life.
Top Tip: One of the perfect ways to enjoy the vibe in the Bay of Islands is to sail the day away.
3) What you will love: What better way to celebrate your love up in the air with some bubbly
Top Tip: Take a hot air balloon flight at dawn to discover amazing New Zealand landscapes from the fertile Canterbury Plains to the Southern Alps.
4) What you will love: Let New Zealand’s alpine and coastal landscapes take your breath away as you soar high above them
Top Tip: One of the most spectacular ways to see and get to Milford sound is by taking a scenic flight over the Southern Alps, feast your eyes on snow-capped peaks which extend north and south to the horizon. You begin to realise the enormity of this magnificent landscape.
5) What you will love: Spend a weekend in a luxury boutique lodge where Kiwi style and service will set the tone for a unique experience.
Top Tip: Whare Kea Lodge & Chalet is a private, luxury retreat that offers a combination of sophistication and informality, innovative cuisine and superb service. It is a dream base for couples who love to explore the wide open spaces.
6) What you will love: Relax you mind body and soul with a natural spa treatment for two. Choose between a natural Mud Bath or a luxury pampering session.
Top Tip: Rotorua is one of the best places to relax in steaming mineral pool while enjoying spectacular views across the Lake Rotorua.
7) What you will love: Set-off on a horse ride at dusk on one of New Zealand’s deserted beaches, where you can enjoy the feeling of wind in your hair!
Top Tip: The long stretches of white sandy beaches of Northland are perfect for horse riding.
8) What you will love: Fly by helicopter to one of New Zealand’s breath-taking private picnic spots in the mountains with a gourmet picnic basket and some of New Zealand’s finest wines.
Top Tip: Alpine heli-picnics are readily available from most of the South Island alpine resort towns. Discover the exhilaration of effortlessly flying along braided river valleys and soaring over snow-capped Mountain views before landing gently in your own piece of paradise.
9) What you will love: Cycle across one of New Zealand’s vineyard trails and taste a selection of local wines.
Top Tip: One of the best ways to explore the wineries of Hawkes Bay is on a Mountain bike – the terrain is as flat as a billiard table and the scenery is magnificent. Exploring wineries by bike is a perfect especially if you both enjoy a glass or two.
10) What you will love: Spend a romantic evening with your loved one against one of New Zealand’s stunning landscapes
Top Tip: Stratosfare, Queenstown – This recently reopened high-altitude restaurant and bar assures fantastic views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables mountain range on South Island.
For more information visit www.newzealand.com. To book your tailor-made holidays write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +91 84110 34400 or visit www.quantumtravels.com