Meet the trending Wedding Designers & Decorators
Top creative Wedding Designers and Decorators who are crafting modern weddings to perfection.
You’ve found the perfect bridal outfits, jewellery and zeroed down on the venues for your special day. But when it comes to executing dreamy nuptials with flawless decor, a wedding designer is your best friend. Be it wedding stationery or floral arrangements, specially crafted set-ups or any customized element, a creative designer can conjure up the most extravagant desires and also helps you plan the logistics. Here, we recommend some cutting-edge, creative wedding designers who are crafting modern weddings to perfection.
The A-Cube Project
Based in: Chennai
Services offered: Wedding Planning, Destination Wedding Planning, Event Coordination, and Event Design
Signature style: Ambika believes in telling her clients’ unique stories and vision through decor over fixed aesthetics, focusing primarily on Personalization & Customization.
Favorite wedding moment:
1. The unique Van Gogh wedding of Pondicherry transcended boundaries of culture and art, and the breathtakingly original concept was applauded across the world by major publications and portals. The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam even featured it on their Instagram Page, naming it one of the top 5 posts of 2020.
2. A beguiling backwater wedding at Bekal which won multiple awards at the WeddingSutra Influencer Awards 2020.
3. Celebrity Kajal Agarwal’s Mumbai wedding was a charming mix of intimate, home ceremonies and spectacular themed decor inspired by the couple’s lives and heritage.
Wedding trends they love:
1. Sustainability – Refurbishing fabrics, promoting artisanal work, collaborating with NGOs are the way to go to create sustainable, meaningful experiences. With more and more weddings being intimate, they also get the chance to use distinct, regional resources to make it even more personal, like using Kantha fabric in an Udaipur wedding, Pink Peru-inspired decor for another. They also turned the wedding flowers into Potpourri for the Van Gogh wedding in Pondicherry and handed them out as thank-you gifts.
2. They foresee the trend of intimate weddings, or what they fondly call ‘Minimonies’ continuing for the next year.
3. They love the use of fine, customized furniture over makeshift decor for making settings more intimate and cozy.
4. They also find photo booth trends to be tired and redundant, and instead hope to see more weddings with decor designed to make every corner click-worthy.
Click here to connect with A-Cube Team.
Designs by Sakshi Jerath
Based in: Mumbai & Goa
Services offered: Curating and designing concept, Decor customization, Execution.
Signature Style: Sakshi focuses on understanding every couple’s unique story, and narrating it through interesting wedding décor.
Favorite wedding moment: A stunning transformation project where they completely overhauled an under-construction site into a palatial ‘bahu swagat’ venue with rich hues, intricate details and extravagant ambience.
Wedding trends they love: With a rise in more intimate celebrations over extravagant revelries, she hopes to see more of the same created with sustainable practices to be even more interactive and meaningful.
Click here to connect with Designs by Sakshi Jerath.
The Petite Project
Based in: Mumbai
Services Offered: Wedding designer, Experiential Curator, Decor Stylist
Signature style: The Petite Project specializes in curating tailor-made experiences, no two of which are ever alike. They love to draw meaningful elements of every couple’s journey to make each wedding exclusive and personalized.
Varsha is also known for her attention to detail, largely emphasizing on the smallest of elements that add significance to any celebration. She and her team also have a great love for quirks, imbibing every celebration with their clients’ peculiar style to make it distinctively unique.
Favorite wedding moment: An intimate wedding planned in Karjat with the couple and their closest friends and family in tow, was Varsha’s favorite wedding of 2020. The Haldi ceremony was a celebration of the couple’s hometown of Kolkata and included iconic elements inspired by the city. Cushions printed with hand-pulled rickshaws, centerpieces of rickshaws, Genda Phool, a little installation of the phool mandi at Mullick ghat, inverted cane baskets and more, added wondrous magic to the decor.
Wedding trends they love:
1. Micro Weddings – Varsha and her team believe that with fewer guests comes a stronger connection! It also gives you the room to share an intimate moment with people who really matter, with meaningful décor, more thought and the inherent essence that allows you to embrace individuality and style.
2. Simple and sophisticated – They love enhancing the existing beauty of venues with tiny elements that spruce it up. They are obsessed with simplicity and minimalism and they truly believe that ‘less is more’.
3. Sustainability – They create socially impactful, environmentally friendly, mindful, and conscious weddings and believe it is the best way forward in the current world.
Click here to connect with Designs by The Petite Project.
Meghaa Flower Box
Based in: Bengaluru
Services Offered: Flowers for gifting, Flowers for home, Wedding design and production, Florals, Sets, Lights/ sound/ stage, Mehendi, Card design, DJ, Set up, Furniture rental, Tent, Floral design workshops
Signature style: Meghaa’s style is contemporary, and she’s known for her originality and her refreshing style of decor design.
Favorite wedding moment: The white forest-themed wedding designed with whimsical white flowers, fairy lights, green apples and more, to highlight the rugged forest backdrop, inspired by the song ‘La Vie en rose’.
Wedding trends they love:
1. With a passion for all things natural, they hope to see more organic concepts with real blooms over artificial flowers.
2. Gold hues are a staple for Indian weddings which are never going to go out of trend. They also like unusual hues such as coral and purple for weddings in the upcoming year.
3. LED lighting and Signages have been big in the past few years, and will continue to be popular.
4. With the growing popularity of intimate weddings, they foresee more intricate and detailed designs and decor for micro celebrations.
Click here to connect with Designs by Meghaa Flower Box.
Based In: Gujarat
Services Offered: Designing, styling & production for weddings and other events, floral décor, space planning, alongside creative interior and landscape designs.
Signature Style: “We don’t follow a specific trend or style but customize our designs as per the client’s dreams. We love working with not only the aesthetics, but also with the overall space where we strive to create interesting amalgamations of patterns and florals, and recreate traditional prints and weaves in fresh flowers”
Most interesting wedding of 2016-2017: “For Parita & Deepanshu’s wedding at the Udaivilas in Udaipur, we experimented with almost everything unconventional for all functions. The mehndi was all blue and white with lots of pink bougainvillea blooms and a mix of Jaipur blue pottery, Rajasthani motifs as well as a bit of Chinese porcelain. The wedding had a whimsical garden vibe with lots of tuberose garlands strung from trees. As the couple both work in the education field, we used books as centerpieces and recreated a library as the bar backdrop. The wedding was conceptualized and designed by Amaahyaaj, the production was by Amaahyaaj and Poojan décor and the event was managed by Ankita Chugh Weddings”
Based in: Mumbai
Services Offered: AASH Studio by Aashna Singh design and execute top-notch decor at events, parties and wedding celebrations, as well as do wedding planning, manage hospitality aspects and help clients pick suitable venues as well as gifting options.
Signature Style: “We are adept at crafting events that are larger than life with standout decor elements. I draw inspiration from things I observe around me and don’t believe in playing safe. For instance, we built an out of the box 35 feet long structure made of 5000 balloons for the baraat to walk under.”
Most interesting wedding of 2016-2017: “For a wedding at Silver Arch building’s gardens in Mumbai, the client wanted a rustic touch enhancing the look of the gardens which hosted the mehndi followed by the sangeet. Our team created a 35×35-feet large tree from scratch. It involved an installation made over three days with over 7000 branches carefully put together as well as a swing suspended from the tree for the bride.”
Based In: New Delhi
Services Offered: End-to-end décor designing and execution for all kinds of events including weddings, anniversaries and destination weddings, alongside wedding planning, packaging and wedding invitations.
Signature Style: “Our signature style is the imperial look, whether it is executed via traditional or Western décor. We love to amalgamate the two to form a nice fusion of English heritage and the Royal Indian theme. ‘Understated elegance’ is the motto of our work as we strongly believe ‘less is more’.”
Most interesting wedding of 2016-2017: “The wedding of the founder Devika Sakhuja’s sister was a large extravaganza with back-to-back functions. It was very challenging as we were not only in-charge of décor, planning and execution for all the functions, but were emotionally connected with the whole process too.”
To find Wedding Designers & Decorators for your upcoming event, check out WeddingSutra Favorites.