Amrita and Sarvotam – Mauritius
The stunning couple pick LUX Belle Mare in Mauritius for their honeymoon
Amrita and Sarvotam’s love story started over a decade ago when they met in college. Says Amrita: “We went out, we felt awkward and uncomfortable and then we had coffee. We often joke that he gave me Dairy Milk and I gave him fashion sense. He showed me to love, I taught him to care. We wined and dined, I whined he heard me out and then we became very comfortable. Later he flew to UK to become a certified chef, while I baked and studied and did everything to kill time. Time flew and love grew! After thousands of messages and an equal number of skype calls, distance only made the heart grow fonder. We met again and were in our comfort zones. Next was the big leap- meeting up with parents. I met his, he met mine and everything was sorted and fine.”
Amrita and Sarvotam got married in April 2014. About honeymoon planning, she says, “After the hectic wedding celebrations, we wanted a relaxed holiday. Initially we considered Europe- Paris and Switzerland. But we figured they’ll be crowded then and we wanted to be in quieter shores, so we finalized on Mauritius. Since it was April, it was the best time to travel to Mauritius as it is the beginning of winters there.” Amrita and Sarvotam stayed at LUX Belle Mare in Mauritius, in a beach facing junior suite for 9 nights, 10 days. Here, she tells us more about their memorable experience.
– We went on the famous Catamaran cruise which was an amazing experience.
– We visited the Ile Aux Cerfs island, the famous Port Louis and Bassin Blanc.
Our best meal was at Vickys at Belle Mare, and just a 10 minutes walk away from our hotel. The management was very polite and helpful, how it usually is all over Mauritius. Their food was remarkable, and a refreshing change from the hotel’s exotic buffet spread. They had an option between indoor and outdoor seating, we preferred outdoor so we could admire the charm of the laidback life outside and its wonderful people. Vicky’s also offers bread and breakfast facility, and is highly recommended for budget travellers.
Best experiences/Romantic moment
Right from landing in the country till our very last day at the glorious island we were on a high, thanks to the splendid hospitality, the happy vibes and people’s warmth. Though, if we had to pick one, it would be the special candle light dinner at The Beach Rouge restaurant in our hotel. We were on the beach under the moon and the shimmering stars, and we could hear the soothing sounds of the waves. We savoured an amazingly well-prepared Italian dinner paired with champagne.
– Catamaran cruise starting from Grand Baie which offers a sailing experience in the pristine Indian Ocean, a chance to snorkel and to catch up with lively and colourful ocean life. Live music, an extensive variety of food with unlimited alcoholic drinks are the other highlights. Try to keep an entire day for this activity and after the cruise spend an evening at the Grand Baie market.
– Trip to Ile Aux Cerfs- this is a lovely isolated island off the town of Belle Mare. It’s an amazing place to chill by the ocean on the silver sands and spend some quality time together. The trip to the island is a little expensive hence it’s recommended to speak to a few taxis to get the best price. There are plenty of options for food and refreshment on the island.
– At the Bassin Blanc Zip Line Park, avoid the complete package- stick to the longest Zip line and spare some time for quad biking in the forest and request the guide to take you to the waterfall so you get to spend some cosy time under the flowing water.
– Avoid the underwater sea walk at Belle Mare unless you are really interested in witnessing coral; instead invest time for the Catamaran cruise or at Cocco Island which is an interesting experience too!