Payal and Riyaz – Europe
Payal and Riyaz had initially planned a 10 day trip to Europe covering Italy, Switzerland and ending it in Paris to celebrate Payal’s birthday. But their Travel Consultant, Bhargavi from SOL Trips convinced them to do an experiential holiday in France. The duo state: “We had an amazing time and one of the highlights of our trip was hiring a car and driving through the city ourselves”. They share more here.
We went to Paris, Nice, Monte Carlo, Cannes, Avignon, Burgundy and drove through scenic routes like Gorges Du Verdon, which is a river canyon with stunning scenery.
We stayed at:
– Hotel Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel
– Chateau de Gilly, a castle hotel in Burgundy
– Ibis Styles Avignon Sud Hotel
– Hotel Aston La Scala in Nice
This has to be at the restaurant on top of the Eiffel Tower- 58 Tour Eiffel. We enjoyed a scrumptious meal with a breath-taking view!
– A stay in an authentic French Chateau
– The Catacombs tour in Paris- quite spooky, but an incredible tour
– If you enjoy driving, rent a car and drive down the many beautiful scenic routes
– Do a cooking course together- we loved the experience.
We’d say avoid going on the typical coach tour.