Entertainers by area:
An Indian wedding invariably involves music, dancing, and spellbinding entertainment. From a pool party, Sufi Night, rocking sangeet to a musical mehndi, everyone needs entertainers like emcees, singers, bands, stand-up comics, and more to set the right energy and keep your guests engaged. So, how do go about selecting the perfect entertainer for your wedding functions? Check out our handy guide with tips and points to keep in mind.
EXPERT TIPS TO PICK THE BEST WEDDING ENTERTAINERS
Although your wedding venues/ planners might suggest entertainers for your celebrations, you can still opt for vendors that are not on their list.
- Discuss with your friends and acquaintances about their preferred entertainers and see which ones match your preferences.
- Research about entertainers online and look for performances on YouTube.
- Once you know your needs and have your budget fixed, check for entertainers on WeddingSutra.com.
- Write to us in case of queries and get help from our team of experts.
THINGS TO DISCUSS WITH YOUR ENTERTAINERS BEFORE SEALING THE DEAL
- Ask them about the popular sets/performances and how they can customize them to your events to ensure that you are well in sync.
- Check if they need any extra power supplies or technical assistance.
- Request them if they want you to share a list of your favorite tracks/song, personal information to include in their set in advance.
- Ask them if they accept music requests from guests.
- Check if they aren’t working for any other wedding/event on the same day and are available throughout the event.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What functions can I hire an Entertainer for?
You can get an entertainer for every possible function from the engagement to the reception. Although most people choose to book an entertainer only for the sangeet and reception, you can choose to have one on any of the days or events, such as a pre-wedding pool bash or an after party, as per your choice and theme of event.
2. Can I use a pre-loaded tracklist and ask a friend/relative to host our events?
While playing your own pre-loaded songs on speakers or asking a loved one to host and entertain work for occasions like birthday parties or an intimate wedding function hosted at home, we would recommend you to hire a professional entertainer for your key wedding functions. Although other options might help you save those extra bucks, a professional entertainer will ensure a holistic entertainment package so you can also enjoy the festivities without any stress.
3. Where can I find a list of the best entertainers in India?
Specifically curated to help you find the best service providers in the country all under one roof, our compilation of WeddingSutra Favorite entertainers will provide you tried and tested solutions to all your wedding entertainment woes.