“The largest destination wedding Monaco has ever seen” states the official communication from the Monaco Tourism Board. The wedding functions of Mumbai socialites Kajal Fabiani and Gaurav Assomull, both scions of Sindhi business magnates take place between March 18th and 21st in Monte Carlo. Who isn’t interested in getting a share of the Big Fat Sindhi Wedding and venues/ organisers in Monte Carlo are excited that a traditional shaadi complete with horses and elephants is taking place there, with 600 high profile guests from the community that spends the highest amounts on Destination Weddings.
The highlights of the four day celebrations include:
– Youngsters Party at Monte Carlo’s Indian theme lounge/ bar The Buddah Bar.
– Welcome party at the Grimaldi Forum
– The Mehndi at Hotel Hermitage
– The Sangeet at Salle Empire of the Hotel de Paris
– The traditional Sindhi Wedding on the stage of the Salle Garnier of the Opera de Monte-Carlo; the venue which has seen numerous ballets and world-class productions is playing host to a traditional Indian wedding for the first time.
– Post-wedding cocktail at the Atrium of the Casino after which guests will be ferried to Salle des Etoiles for a laser/acquatic show and the evenings big act—a performance by singing sensation Akon.
According to a spokesperson of Monaco Tourism Board, the bride and groom were initially considering Beirut and Rome, and eventually zeroed in on Monaco for its perfect blend of luxury and elegance. The Wedding is being managed by two event companies– Mumbai’s Percept D’Mark (PDM) and Monte Carlo Weddings. Kajal is the daughter of Kamal Fabiani, the President of Americorp Group. Gaurav’s parents Sangeeta and Madan Assomull run The Marigold Group.