From Yamunanagar to Coimbatore, decor ideas handpicked from gorgeous home and farmhouse weddings
15 mesmerizing, intimate and home weddings to inspire you!
Out of the many changes that the year 2020 brought us, the one norm that we loved is the popularity of intimate weddings. Refreshing and romantic, these cosy celebrations are not only fuss-free and budget-friendly, they transform every function into a memorable event with a personal touch!
Here is a lowdown of the most beautiful home and intimate weddings of 2020-21 to look to for some inspiration!
1. Wedding planner Anisha and Sumit’s rustic boho home engagement exuded an earthy charm dotted with warm splashes of orange.
Location: Villa Serenity, Delhi NCR | Wedding Planner and Décor: Riwaaz-e-Rishte | Photo Courtesy: Singh Photos
2. Mons and Abhi’s cosy home engagement saw minimalistic, elegant decor with just a tinge of bohemian whimsy.
Location: Erode, Tamil Nadu | Décor: Vivahhika
3. This idyllic farmhouse wedding with lush greenery, flowing pastel drapes and delicate blooms painted an elegant portrait of serenity.
Location: Delhi NCR | Décor: Vivaah Wedding decor stylist | Photo Courtesy: Into Candid Photography
4. Hosted in their backyard lawn, Dhara and Neel’s sunsoaked wedding saw rustic decor that laid emphasis on simplicity with subtle floral and earthy wooden elements.
Location: Bergen County, New Jersey | Photo Courtesy: Fidai Photography
5. Prarthana and Ruchir’s intimate multicultural wedding was a wholesome blend of spectacular revelries and family moments that was highlighted with a ‘paw-some’ gift from the groom to the bride that completed their brand new-family.
Location: The Amaltas Zirakpur, Chandigarh | Décor: Mahajan Tent House | Photo Courtesy: Amit Sood Photography
6. Hosted at the groom’s farmhouse, Radhika and Yatin’s festivities were festooned with the romantic allure of pink and orange blooms safely ensconced amidst lush greenery.
Location: Manesar | Wedding Planner: Din Shagna Da | Décor: The Girl with Ideas | Photo Courtesy: The Wedding Matinee
7. From immunity hampers for guests that contained organic honey, haldi booster shots and face masks for the haldi function to DIY mehndi and a hi-tech Sangeet setup complete with panoramic camerawork and virtual performances, Akshita and Raunak’s lockdown wedding was as safety conscious as it was memorable.
Location: Udaipur | Wedding Planner: DreamzKrraft | Photo Courtesy: Hojography
8. Manika and Tushar imbued their cosy home wedding of 10 people with the same beauty and excitement that they had envisioned for their exuberant Punjabi wedding.
Location: Yamuna Nagar, Haryana | Décor: Self-acquired | Photo Courtesy: Vintage Films
9. For their lockdown wedding, photographer Raj RJ and Swetha opted for a natural decor of green lawns and flower laden trees.
Location: Summi Farms, Bangalore | Wedding Planner: Wedlock Weddings by Vima | Photo Courtesy: Journeys by Ram and Rimi Sen Photography
10. Decked with local flowers, foliage and DIY decor, Harini and Venu’s intimate nuptials at the groom’s century old ancestral home was brimming with beautiful family moments.
Location: Adyanadka, Karnataka | Décor: Anagha Bhat and Geetha Naidu (Engagement) | Photo Courtesy: Sharath Padaru (Wedding)
11. With bright marigolds & sparkling fairy lights, Himani and Sharad’s home mehndi raised the bar high with its colorful, creative decor
Location: Jaipur | Décor: Plantspaces | Photo Courtesy: The Wedding Tellers
12. For Kriti and Divay’s home wedding of just 10 people, the bride’s parental home was beautiful decked with minimal décor that accented its natural beauty. The floral mandap was set up against a pleasing water fixture in the garden while melodious tunes by live musicians filled the festivities with an infectious cheer.
Location: Bhopal | Décor: Kalammkari Events | Photo Courtesy: Plush Affairs
13. Hosted in the bride’s living room, Riti and Amrit’s tranquil Anand Karaj spoke softly of minimalistic splendor.
Location: New Delhi | Décor: Self-sourced locally | Photo Courtesy: Dipak Studios
14. From a spectacular floral mandap with a canopy of chandeliers to a royal bridal entry with fireworks, Hiral and Sahil’s farmhouse wedding proves that intimate weddings can surely be grand!
Location: Kadi, Gujarat | Wedding Planner: Namrata Shana Events | Photo Courtesy: Ardour Media
15. Pranali and Zenith transformed their grand wedding plans into an unforgettable home ceremony with vibrant DIY decor.
Location: Mumbai | Décor: Locally sourced by family | Photo Courtesy: Seventy By Two