As I sit on my desk writing this next post for you with a slice of oreo cheesecake, it got me thinking about, what else but, wedding cakes. We’ve featured some stunning wedding cakes from celebrity weddings on our blog, and here I narrow down my five favorite celebrity wedding cakes from 2011.
1. On top of the list is Kate Middleton and Prince William‘s spectacular wedding cake created by renowned pastry chef Fiona Cairns. The eight-tier fruit- cake, decorated in cream, white icing and 900 delicate sugar-paste flowers, had newlyweds’ initials, C & W, stenciled into the cake’s bottom layer.
2. Loved the elegant six-tiered wedding cake at Kate Moss and Jamie Hince’s wedding created by London baker Peggy Porschen for their garden wedding reception. The ornamented traditional white cake was surrounded by yellow roses at the base.
3. George Bush’s daughter Jenna Bush and hubby Henry Hager enjoyed a four-tier tres leches cake; with each layer of sponge cake soaked with three different kinds of milk and topped with whipped cream icing.
4. Prince Albert of Monaco and his new bride Princess Charlene’s five-tier wedding cake decorated with Proteas, the South Africa’s national flower makes it to our list for its sheer size. I haven’t seen a bigger wedding cake.
5. The fun rock n’ roll wedding of Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton had an equally funky tiered vanilla cake, made by Jay Qualls owner of Maples Wedding Cakes from Nashville, in brushed leather color finished with hot pink frosting, Miranda’s favorite color.