Shloka Mehta and Akash Ambani’s Engagement Saw Some of Fashion’s Best
The recent engagement at the Ambani residence was celebrated in the most extraordinary fashion with the finest of national and international teams working together to realize their extravagant dreams. When such was the lavishness that was seen at this affair, it should come as no surprise that their guests too brought their best fashion sensibilities to the table while making an appearance at their celebration.
Here are some of the best looks from the evening.
1. Shloka Mehta wore a heavily embellished blush Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla lehenga for her engagement. The outfit was complete with floral motifs, glittering sequins, and intricate threadwork. The skirt was paired with a blouse the featured an illusion neckline and the look was completed by pairing the ensemble with diamond jewelry.
2. Akash Ambani complemented his bride by choosing a well fitted maroon sherwani in which he looked every bit the man of the evening.
3. Isha Ambani and Nita Ambani too, picked for themselves outfits from Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla. With the daughter went with an ensemble that was created using a pastel pink fabric, the mother chose the color grey.
4. Rekha looked as gorgeous as ever in her signature golden kanjevaram saree. Alia Bhatt too sported the same hue with a more contemporary approach by opting for a lehenga by designer duo Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla.
5. A lavender lehenga from Kresha Bajaj’s label Koecsh made for Shraddha Kapoor’s pick. The sheer neck and the delicate embroidery added a feminine appeal to this outfit. Rani Mukherji relied on her favorite designer, Sabyasachi to create for her the perfect garment for this occasion.
6. Vidya Balan stuck to her most preferred Indian attires of all times, a saree and once again left everyone impressed by selecting a creation by Anita Dongre. Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla dressed Kiara Advani in a dual tone golden and silver lehenga. The beautiful blouse that was paired with the skirt played the key role in elevating her look.
7. Isha and Nita Ambani weren’t the only mother-daughter duo who appeared in finery created by the same designer. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Aradhya Bachchan too opted ensembles from the same couturier. While the former miss world Miss world chose a golden and black saree by Manish Malhotra, daughter dearest looked lovely in a pink lehenga. Ranbir Kapoor was seen striking a pose in a black bandhgala jacket and white pants by Raghavendra Rathore.
8. Gauri Khan attended the soiree with Shah Rukh Khan and Aryan. With the men of the family looked dapper, Gauri was resplendent in a pastel outfit by Tarun Tahiliani. Rhea Kapoor was a vision in white in a kurta and sharara by Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla.
9. Outfits by Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla were a hit at this engagement party. Shweta Nanda, Navya Navelli and Sara Ali Khan too seemed o be charmed by this designer duo’s creation. While Shweta and Navya both, opted for sarees the former with contemporary aesthetics while the latter picked a traditional look. Sara Ali Khan was elegant in a white and yellow lehenga.
10. A brown Sherwani was Anil Kapoor outfit of choice for the night. Parineeti Chopra draped a saree with a pair of pants and looked sharp in this Shantanu Nikhil creation. Aditya Roy Kapoor went with an all-white achkan and pants while Siddharth Malhotra opted for a beige jacket and close-fitting pants, by Manish Malhotra.
11. Karan Johar chose an embellished jade green achkan with black chudidar by Manish Malhotra while Kajol wore a sparkling blue sharara by Anjul Bhandari that was teamed with a white kurta and dupatta. Arjun Kapoor was the man in black in a monotone kurta chudidar and bandi by Kunal Rawal.
12. Disha Patni attended the ceremony in a champagne lehenga by designer duo Falguni Shane Peacock that did everything to flatter her physique. Mira Rajput dressed up in a pastel pink creation by Manish Malhotra complete with heavy golden and silver work.